The Village of Harveysburg has an immediate opening for part time fiscal officer. Job duties include preparing yearly fiscal budgets for the Village, performing all financial transactions and financial reports for the Village, attends council, records, and finance meetings, serves as the Village's records clerk, and miscellaneous office duties. Applicants should possess a strong finance or accounting background with UAN experience a plus. Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license and must be bondable. Resumes may be emailed to Doug Trimble, Village Administrator, at email@example.com or an application may be submitted on line and can be found under the Departments/Employment Application tab on this site.
The Village of Harveysburg is a lake community located in Warren County Ohio with a total area of 1.01 square miles. The approximate population is around 550 people, 204 households, and 147 families residing in the village. The entire village is in the Clinton Massie Local School District. Home of the Ohio Renaissance Festival, Harveysburg is a “Village on the Lake” and currently has one marina in the village limits and another one close by.
The Village is currently seeking an enthusiastic, committed, customer service focused part time Village Administrator to join the team and provide friendly and efficient customer service to Village residents and visitors as well as providing administrative support to the Village Mayor and Council. The job requires 20+ hours per week.
The successful candidate will have;
· Demonstrated administration or management experience in government
· A good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
· Accounting / finance experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A professional, proactive, can-do attitude
· Driver’s License
· Grant seeking and writing experience a plus
Duties include but no limited to:
· Oversees the general operations of the Street Department, Fiscal Officer, Administrative Assistant and Court Clerk
· Monitors Village operations to ensure quality services are provided in an efficient and timely manner
· Recommends policies, resolutions, and ordinances to the Village Council and Planning Commission
· Provides information to Council and Planning Commission to aide in its deliberations
· Implements policies set forth by Council
· Attend all Council Meetings, Planning Commission Meetings, Street Department Meetings, Finance Committee Meetings, and other Village meetings as necessary
· Develops long-range plans and management strategies to realize goals in accordance with Council directives, community needs and Village vision
· Responds to inquiries and resolves citizen complaints
· Conducts yearly evaluations on employees
· Conducts zoning violation complaints in cooperation with the Police Chief
· Oversees the development of the Village budget requests and assists in the preparation of the annual budget
· Negotiates contracts and agreements on behalf of the Village.
· Supervises the Street Department and all special projects
· Maintains valid Ohio driver’s license and ability to be bonded
· Performs any other related duties assigned
Preferred minimum qualifications;
· The ability to learn village policies and procedures; department goals and objectives; budgeting; planning and zoning statutes and regulations; employee training and development; personnel administration; supervisory principles and practices; office management; public administration; project management; local geographic area; repair techniques for village operations; public relations; records management.
· Ability to: interpret policies, procedures, and regulations; prepare accurate documentation; add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers; calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages; supervise; evaluate employee performance; compile and prepare reports; exercise independent judgement and discretion; communicate effectively; train or instruct others; maintain records according to established procedures; develop and maintain effective working relationships; respond to routine inquiries from public and/or officials; maintain confidentiality; resolve complaints.
· Completion of secondary education, preferably with an Associate’s degree in public administration, business, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years administrative and supervisory experience, with experience in the public sector; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience.
If interested, please send a resume along with an application (can be downloaded from www.villageofharveysburg.org) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application and job description at the Village Offices, 79 W. Main Street, Harveysburg, Ohio 45032 during business hours 9am to 1pm Monday thru Friday. This posting will stay open until filled.